Wednesday, June 11, 2014

This Blog is only for while Mama is away, I have enjoyed looking at teh California Movie Star Homes, so I am sharing what I have built in Texas.

This maybe a bit random in order.

I threw this blog together to share while Mama is away. I have enjoyed looking at the movie star houses. I started viewing Cali houses in general looking to find something new and fun to build that we did not have around here. Dang if my bosses kid did not slip over to a lake nearby and find the PERFECT one I dreamed of. Of Course, I can no longer build mine, to be accused of being a copy cat. DAMN him. 



I am gonna show one house in East Texas that I helped build. It is not movie star interesting but I thought ya'll might enjoy some of the things. 
Some of the Pics are old, I make no apologies I am too lazy to go get current ones. 



This is East Texas, a place covered with huge 70 foot tall Pine Trees and grass. 
Home on 11 meandering acres with 50 car garage, Grand daughter Home, Car Taker Home, one extra home cause the neighbor wanted to move to Tulsa by his grand-kids and hey, it;'s contiguous. 
Brad Pitt-Style home buying-logic for certain. 
Home is 14,000 Square Feet on multiple levels. 
Pool is Infinity type.
There is a "tiki hut" by the pool.

Old winter picture


If you peak around the car photos you can see the yard.





House Stealer in person, college age
Upstairs Movie Room in back behind Pop-out front.

I'd GIVE you that bulldog if you come pick it up. Really I would.
You would think HS (House Stealer) would give me some consideration, I drug him all over the USA racing.

I spent at least a year looking at things in Cali and BAM, got beat out. Makes me mad because I practically raised the kid and he finds EXACTLY what I wanted. We never talked about the design I wanted. Just damn bad luck for me !!!! Where is my new house? Where is my beautiful Wife?? Same as it ever Was.

Here is the little guy now, his Dad holding his bike at a race. 
 
 

Also, Matt Couch is holding his own helmet as he photo bombs me. Matt just raced the X Games in Austin. His Sister raced the x Games 2 years ago.

Everything we/me and my friends/everyone I know does in Texas is car/moto oriented. 
There is even an Official NHRA track not 5 miles off, you can hear them run at night. Pure Heaven.
I got Distracted, sorry. Ashley is faster than Matt. It's a fact.


AND SO , it is all about the Man Cave.
Sorry LGB I don't have more interior shots or decent pool ones.

MAN CAVE TIME !
Texas sized, almost a 3/4 acre under roof. 50+ Cars
We started with one simple building, now it is in the middle after expansions.





H.S.'s Dad collects all types of things. Cars, Memorabilia. He only gets real and original.
He graduated in '69. Still lives in his hometown.
Still works at same job he had first year out of High School. He might own the place now, actually.

As an interesting gossip note, he had one divorce. You remember that scene in the Marky Mark movie about Vince Papale, INVINCIBLE? Mark is standing, holding that note in the locker room?
That scene was pretty much their divorce. This being a small town of course, everyone knows it.
I noticed the son-by-the-first-wife-but-not-his-son on the build crew for this new house. I made sure to mention to the kid about how we know his Mom. hahaha Sweet Revenge.
 
The Golden Point. Interestingly original name, as you know, it has a Golden Point on the Roof.
Small Town cute. So naturally, Cherokee Drive In Movie.
He grew up in the "Golden Years" and he is very very much still into those things.

We started with him gathering for a few years to FINALLY build what we wanted.
Gathering ...... takes a long time as you can't just walk out and find what you want. Took us 5 years for somethings to be found. Other items we are still searching for. We have been working our list for 15 years? almost 20 on some things.
Note on Gathering STuFf. 
You might as well place it on the wall about where it will end up, otherwise, you can't store all this stuff !!

Old Service Stations as Display/Storage Cabinets
Gulf Station Start


Gulf Concept Model (used old lithographs, old news clippings, Promo Model)
This is a Gulf station that was torn down by that Golden Point. Now a Liquor Store.
Cabinets being installed in background.

Gulf Station Done




These are originally out of old service stations. Mechanics used them for work tables.
I found 5 by placing flyers in all the stores with pics and what we would pay for them.
All metal construction, stout as hell.

You will have to redo most everything you find. Everything.

Mobil Concept




Theatre :  
Gathering                                Basic Idea Drawing
 
BAM. Done. Not functioning. Just a Pop Out Front.


Bar not done yet, waiting on a few pieces. Waiting on a lot of pieces actually for various projects ! ha!



MISC
Big NOtes on CAbinet Assembly on bottom
55 Buick at SEMA in Vegas '11 ?
In various stores. Display.




Pleasanton Cali, GOODGUY'S Show. Hooters Girl giving me a plaque for BEST WOODIE. I kid you knot. Really. I am serious. I said Thank you ma'am. hahaha
Pleasenton California
Key West
Huntington Beach ? most likely
In one store for display

At Bonneville Salt Flats

HoleShot Baby ! 95?













Better Curves than Jessica Simpson ! you Betcha !
bought from Original Owner, he never drove it out of Texas. Had like 50K on it is all.
Neal McCoy, Country Star and local boy. We bought the first bike he sold from his new shop. I actually bought inventory and left it there so he could have stuff on shelves !! hahah. Good Times.
We Raced every weekend from 1996? to 2005? Practice 2x a week. We used ALOT of parts and oil.
New bikes every 3 months for Taylor. He had a sponsor. Imagine how that happened? I had the same bike all year. THEN he goes and steals my house design.




Those junky cars in the background become the nice ones in the shop. It takes patience. It helps if you work on them night and day. Of Course some custom helmets going on. 


Here is how you build the Service Stations AS display cabinets.
Find an old Station about to be torn down. Buy the metal and all the little detail stuff. You'll be better off taking it down yourself if possible. OR AT LEAST standing there with a box and grab all the hardware as it comes off, you want everything, no item is too small or broken. 
SEE NOTE about waiting 15 years for some stuff. 
EVEN BROKEN CRAPPY STUFF GETS BOXED. 
The panels are impervious to wear. Only holes ruin them. 
Most of these panels can be powder coated with a small amount of clean up.

Original installation was simple, Base J-mold (yellow) attached to wall, First panel laid into J-molding and simply screwed to wall
Next panel has a Clip that fits behind First one, Repeat. It is a basic tinker toy set. you can see the nailing clips on left side. You can do one 40 ft long wall, the old way, in about 1 hour. (so you take it down in Reverse starting at top)


Once you have your panels cleaned, washed, powder coated (NOT PAINTED unless you use bathroom tub paint, as panels are Porcelain)

Layout design on floor
 


Cut pieces only after you have built and received all cabinets and walls or you'll be another 20 years waiting on some MORE panels you cut 2 short. DON'T MAKE MISTAKES. AT ALL.
Stations only get torn down ONCE. Your literally never ever gonna find extra panels.
J-mold and other trim ALL NEW          

Once you start Cutting, Don't throw drop-offs out. ever, till 5 weeks after finish.
You need a REAL drawing on Cabinets to use all your pieces properly.
These are the impossible to find Roof Caps with the round upper.
Neon mounts on flat above Round. It is Round so the neon is more visible from below. Hint Hint.
You can see these came off a Texaco. (Green)











No comments:

Post a Comment